View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

If you are from "out of state" they may collect the fine from you on the spot. I don't think he was trying to get lunch money from you. I believe some states have credit card machines even (I'll have to look for a source for that "fact" lol )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
Hey Guys,

So I drove down to Montana this weekend with the car for a nice long road trip. Got caught doing 79 in a 70 zone. What was weird about this whole ordeal was that the cop said it was only a $20 fine? Is that even a thing? 20 bucks seems very low but ok whatever. He went back to his car with my info and took about 20 mins to come back and walked me through the ticket and then asked if I had cash to pay it right there on the spot.

Is that legal in the US? It seemed very fishy and up here that would be considered trying to bribe the cop and end you up in more of a mess than anything else. I didnt have any US cash on me and he looked disappointed but gave me a website I could go to to pay the ticket.

For all I know this was on the up and up but after we got back on the road and thought about it a little more it seemed very fishy to me.

Anyone have any experiance with this?

Mitch
madwi is offline   Reply With Quote