View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice
Default Tire Replacement Tips

So after reading through this section's history about tire replacement due to wear, I still have a few questions:

(Note: I have a 370z Nismo and it's my DD. It very rarely snows and I drive ~12k miles a year)

- Is it recommended I get the same tires as OEM? Yokohama 285/35/ZR19 for rear and 245's for front? (nismo) Or can another brand (like BS PS2 or Eagle F1) possibly be better?

- What sort of characteristics do I "need" to have in order to maintain the performance of the Z? I live in Georgia, so I'm assuming I should always be looking at "summer performance" tires? What other features are necessary/not necessary when shopping for tires?

- Is it recommended that I go to a reputable tire shop and purchase the tires/warranty from them? I have the wheel/tire warranty from the dealer, mainly for the wheel coverage. Should I order the tires online if I get a better deal?

- It's been noted that about 10-12k miles is what we should expect out of our tires. I hope to get a little more, since my driving is far from aggressive, I don't track, I don't do burnouts, and I don't ever chirp/spin tires, but I'm an optimist. Can I buy better tires to get a little more mileage? Because of my driving habits, will I be able to get away with getting a higher mileage tire while losing the ability to perform at 100% performance?

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote