View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #454 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Here's an addition for you all.

Was riding back home on my usual, all-thruway commute. Around Baltimore, we have the Beltway (aka, 495). Its a free-for-all during rush hour. The speed limit is 55 around the whole thing, but that is a joke here: 65-70 is typically what you do. And I was doing just that in the Vette today (71 to be precise). But, for some reason, today was different: traffic was considerably less sparse. I have a feeling it had something to do w/ the World Cup, but who knows.

Anyway, at some point on my way home, most traffic diverts off of the beltway, and this time I was left all alone and in the left lane. Typically, it's locked up with vehicles. Well, turns out the local cops found a new hiding place they've never used, and even after I spotted him a good 1/4 of a mile away, he got me. I knew, because I had tons of time to get up to him and watch him get out of the car, and point to the shoulder, so off I went.

He re-positions the cruiser behind me so I can "assume the position." And this is where it gets funny, because you know your traffic stop will be painless when the first words out of his mouth are, "Hiya, I'm Officer XXXXX. Just so you are aware, this traffic stop is being recorded via audio and video. So, what year is she?"

I almost crack up laughing, but I keep my cool and tell him it's an 03, just got it a couple months ago to replace the old car that I take to the track, and how I wanted a C6 but the C5 Z06 was a far better bang-for-the-buck.

Him: "Ahh...yeah, I own a 2011"
Me: "Z06?"
Him: "Nah, Grand Sport"
Me: "Great choice, best bang for the buck in the Vettes"
Him: "So you hit the track? Where at?"
Me: "Oh, Summit Point, VIR...couple others..."
Him: "Ahh...yeah, I take my motorcycle out there...well, license and registration if you would please."
*hands it to him, still randomly talking about Vettes and stuff*
Him: "Alright, well if everything checks out, it'll just be a warning"
*He starts to walk off, then comes back*
Him: "Oh right, I got you doing 71 in a 55"
Me: "Yeah...I know...I saw the HUD" And we just laugh as he walks off.

Funny when the cop almost forgets to tell you what the hell he was pulling you over for :-p

Anyway, so I haven't had a ticket since...christ...probably 2006 or 2007, and have never been pulled over since. So my record is clean, and after a brief wait, while laughing and reliving the conversation in my car, he lets me off. I shake his hand, thank him for his service, and tell him that he's got some good new hiding spots because I've been hauling this commute for 2 years, and it was the first time anyone was ever there.

lol! I hope, and pray, i get as lucky as you guys if/when I get it.