View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP - Chris_B View Post
I highly recommend this upgrade. I've done it on every car I've owned (that I could find quality SS lines for). Short of a BBK, there is nothing that gives a bigger difference in feel and control that stainless steel braided lines and fresh, high-quality brake fluid. Even for my DD's, I could never go back to the squishy, vague rubber lines -- ever!

Just be sure you by from a recognized manufacturer that has tested them for TÜV certification, DOT compliance and FMVSS 106 standards. Make them prove this. There are a lot of cheap line kits being imported that are below par at best. Other have purchased do-it-yourself equipment that could be OK, but without testing the results from that specific piece of equipment and that specific process (not a generalized test done by the machine's manufacturer), you don't really know what you are getting.

For the above reasons, I'd recommend the Stillen/Goodridge lines. These have all the bases covered, along with a lifetime guarantee.

Chris
I want to add...your brake lines are not something you want to cheap out on. Failure in that area could result in some very bad happening!
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote