View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
Well I've examined a slightly used CSC ten ways from Sunday, and don't find anything significant but an ORing and a polished sleeve. Anything else is comparable to any other CSC I've seen other places. Sure, some have a metal body but all the metal in the world won't make a diff to that ORing and it's polished metal sleeve. If that ORing gets enough dirt in it it will leak/fail. I don't think plastic has anything to do with it failing unless you're crazy shifting at 7500, and everything gets so hot from the thrust bearing that the ORing deforms, or gets large bits of trash in its path.
It had 51K miles on it, so maybe more than slightly used. I certainly never had any problems with it. My understanding was it cannot stand up repeated hard launches. Since I don't do that, I wasn't expecting any problems. However, driving to remote areas of Texas with no cell service, I didn't want to risk failure, however it might happen. I would be interested in how many failed CSCs were due to o-ring failure vs plastic failure.

Did you post up pics somewhere? Let me know when you do and where they are

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote