View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct View Post
if you hit 60k and the CSC goes out insurance wont cover it. they only cover it if the clutch it self doesnt look abused or worn out. at 60k+ miles your clutch will not look good. they will call the CSC a "wear and tear" part like the clutch.

ive been there trust me!
My clutch looks fine (and would still look fine in another 10K miles), but they still wouldn't cover it. The Nissan dealer explained that they will not fix it outside of the 36K/3yr warranty unless they can get corporate to authorize the claim. The service manager was very honest with me and said corporate only authorizes those types of claims as "good will" to deserving customers. Since I have virtually no service history (just the car purchase and a single warranty claim for my headliner), it was pretty much a guaranteed rejection. Easy for them to just call it a "wearable" part. Which is ridiculous IMO. Plastic doesn't belong anywhere in the clutch system

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote