View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
sig11
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Red Sport-MT
sig11 has a spectacular aura aboutsig11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
The hub noses Brian made for my car are awesome. Then we used longer studs. Makes changing wheels very easy. Good electric impact wrench and wheels go on and off very quickly.
That is awesome. I want a set. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
For those who don;t understand the Aussie ute - it is a bit like the old Chev C10 truck except it is more of a car front half with style-side rear box and lid to take all the gear. They drive just like a car .... example here ... Ford Australia - Ford Falcon or Holden Ute - Safety - 2014 - Australia
We know all about utes here and we're jealous. :P Well... most of us anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
1) Using my low-profile jack sucks. It's actually pretty huge, and heavy, and it lifts slow. It's one of the normal ones you find at parts stores, and I have to first reach under and fit a little adapter onto the pinch weld. I should look at spending on a proper racing jack, and maybe welding some little flat plates under the car along that pinch-weld area and marking them with arrows on the rocker panel so I can just shove the jack under and pump 3 times and be done.
I have been pretty happy with my harbor freight 3ton steel jack. It's a bit bulky but not terrible and it goes up pretty quick. I never bother with checking the pinch welds or using an adapter. I just try to center the jack on them and lift. Haven't bent one on the Zs yet.
sig11 is offline   Reply With Quote