View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Yeah but they have just as much right to the chassis as toyota. everyone wants to see this vehicle evolve into something greater. Toyota is going to focus on that Supra. My guess, at best BMW will contribute a better interior and electronic steering.
Subaru just needs to add forced induction get this car to about 280hp. Sell it around $33,000 and keep it real to the fans that waited 3 plus years for the twins. Give test drives so people can gain an interest and they can increase their sales.
the car feels fast only when revving the hell out the low gears, but it handles great. It just needs a great engine. FI will solve this cars problems. Oh and pluck that cvt out the WRX. Please?!

Good business is evolving a good & popular enthusiast platform into a great one. This car didnt impress me. But the list to make it impressive is short.

All that hype and...

you have to realize too though that one of the reasons they teamed up in the first place was to offset costs, without toyota in the picture and subaru being the much smaller company that it is i doubt they would have the finances to continue making the BRZ or even upgrading it for that matter. that is my take anyway on why they would choose to discontinue the BRZ as it doesnt sell that well anyway to begin with, barely above what the 370Z sells each year, but again...Nissan is a much larger company that can afford to take the hit and make up for it in other areas.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote