View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
conor1123
Base Member

Drives: 2010 MT 370z
conor1123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
I went thru the same exact damage a couple of weeks ago.

I decided to not spend the extra money and went with S-04's.

My RE-11's we're a couple of years old with less than 5k before one let go.

Im just happy it didn't let go on the freeway as I was a block away from home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
That is catastrophic sidewall failure in2 locations approx 180 degrees apart.

If the rim is not damaged (i.e: still round) then it was not as a consequence of an impact - a hit significant enough to damage the sidewall will show up as rim damage and I cannot see that in the photo, but tyre shop should check

It is the inner bead/sidewall and we've seen Dunlop R-Spec failures here in AU but only after severe abuse (RH Front at Philip Island T12 cops a huge beating - long corner, high speed and tyre fully loaded caused an overheat and sidewall casing failure), so given that you;ve not tracked the car, and it is DD use only, it "could" be caused by alignment issues, but I'd rule that out by what I can see of the tread.

That leaves defective construction and a warranty claim .. be interested in the outcome given that RE11 is on my "to try" list
Yeah my tread wore fine throughout the use of them and no bent rim so theres no way it came from an impact (and I might remember ramming into a curb or something hah!). I really liked them but since I never pushed them I couldn't justify the price tag. I did upgrade from the base model rims to these 19s so i'm not sure if that changes the alignment at all compared to a sports package with the 19s. I've had a slight camber but I just figured that was normal from looking at some pictures of some other Zs