View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 03:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

That is catastrophic sidewall failure in2 locations approx 180 degrees apart.

If the rim is not damaged (i.e: still round) then it was not as a consequence of an impact - a hit significant enough to damage the sidewall will show up as rim damage and I cannot see that in the photo, but tyre shop should check

It is the inner bead/sidewall and we've seen Dunlop R-Spec failures here in AU but only after severe abuse (RH Front at Philip Island T12 cops a huge beating - long corner, high speed and tyre fully loaded caused an overheat and sidewall casing failure), so given that you;ve not tracked the car, and it is DD use only, it "could" be caused by alignment issues, but I'd rule that out by what I can see of the tread.

That leaves defective construction and a warranty claim .. be interested in the outcome given that RE11 is on my "to try" list
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote