View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 02:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

I had a 2012 Focus Ti + Handling + Sync with the DCT. Got 33 MPG combined. Overall it was a good little car. I don't know about the other trim levels, but I was disappointed in the fact that I couldn't fold the back seats flat. I only had it for a brief period of time, so the only maintenance was oil changes and tires. The DCT was interesting, I would say that it never shifted quite when I wanted it to, even in manual shift mode. It's not a Ferrari... The 2012s didn't offer a manual in the Ti trim. Don't put too much stock in the complaints about the Sync system. Aside from the common gripes that come with any stock Nav system, it worked well.

I don't have much else to add. I liked the car while I had it, but 160 BHP is weak, so back to the Z. I would also mention the ST. Same great car, much more fun. I would have gone that route, had I been able to wait until it's release.

When I was doing research for a four door hatch that got 30+, the Focus came out on top once I started optioning / pricing it out.

Regarding the Fit. My wife has a 2007 Fit. With the way she drives, it gets like 40 MPG. With the seats folded flat, it has a ton of cargo space. Plus, it's tiny, so you can park anywhere. She has the base 5 spd so the interior and amenities are a bit lacking. Once again, oil and tires only, except for this weird thing with her stereo display, the LCD is slowly turning white. I gotta get that replaced. The wife loves the car. I have heard that even though the second gen Fits look very similar to the first, Honda made changes that cut cargo space drastically. That might be something to look into.

If you have any specific questions, I can probably answer them.

Last edited by aszyd; 06-29-2014 at 02:36 AM.
aszyd is offline   Reply With Quote