Thread: Oil temp issues
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
tiger123
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 AT Tour/Sport/Nav
tiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo358 View Post
Greetings,

I wanted to get feedback from all of you here in regards to oil temp issues on 370z. I own a 2010 370z Nismo and as the temperature has started to climb this summer, so has my car oil temp during daily driving. I'm not talking about pedal to the metal kind of stuff, just your normal highway/city driving. I work in downtown Chicago and my commute, on days I drive is about 35-40min sometimes an hour. During that time my car normally operates around 180-220 degrees. Recently it's been hovering around 230 degrees due to the warmer weather we've had.

I've read up on this and it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this with the 370. Majority of the people have turned to oil coolers (granted they live in warmer climate) to resolve this problem. My only concern is, because I live in Chicago, and it's only warm here for about 4 months outta the year, would it be wise to invest in a oil cooler kit? At the temps I'm experiencing, the car doesn't feel the same when I push her. It takes away the fun from driving her and majority of the time, I'm keeping an eye on the oil temp gauge.

I've read people telling one another that it's fine, these cars run hot and things like, if you're not tracking it then don't bother.
I just want to know what you all have experienced with your Z car and if something worked for you, I'm open for any feedback/advise you may have for me.

Ps - to the trolls on this forum, please don't come on this thread and ruin it.

Thanks.
I too live in Chicago area and recently added a 19 Row Oil Cooler to keep oil temps in check during the warmer months. I would recommend a 19 Row if you will strictly be Street driven. If you plan on tracking moderately, a 25 Row, if you plan on heavy tracking a 34 Row.

I would strongly recommend a Thermostatic Plate as well, especially if you plan on DD your Z year round. If you will DD during winter months, you will need to block off the cooler in order to maintain proper oil temps during this period.

If you are not a DIY type of guy, I highly recommend the following.

Purchase the Oil Cooler here, Cooling

Install it here, Project X Customs | Project X Customs

Projectxcustoms is located in Schaumburg, IL. They specialize in Z's. They have installed multiple oil coolers for our Z. Great guys, great service, great prices. You can't go wrong with them.

Good luck.