View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
AP - Chris_B
Base Member

Drives: Many
AP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
I agree 100% when I changed my brake lines on my bike to ss I felt a huge difference. Much less fade when you put on the brakes.
I highly recommend this upgrade. I've done it on every car I've owned (that I could find quality SS lines for). Short of a BBK, there is nothing that gives a bigger difference in feel and control that stainless steel braided lines and fresh, high-quality brake fluid. Even for my DD's, I could never go back to the squishy, vague rubber lines -- ever!

Just be sure you by from a recognized manufacturer that has tested them for TÜV certification, DOT compliance and FMVSS 106 standards. Make them prove this. There are a lot of cheap line kits being imported that are below par at best. Other have purchased do-it-yourself equipment that could be OK, but without testing the results from that specific piece of equipment and that specific process (not a generalized test done by the machine's manufacturer), you don't really know what you are getting.

For the above reasons, I'd recommend the Stillen/Goodridge lines. These have all the bases covered, along with a lifetime guarantee.

Chris
AP - Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote