View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I actually own a 7AT. You're right drag racing anything puts stress on parts including trannies. but I've never heard anyone here say they have problems from drag racing or other aggressive sports yet, including me. also rumor, the auto is .3 seconds faster in a drag race. a well-documented rumor.
I agree with all you have said. The rumor was started here.

How hard do you drive your Z oh ... and here
Automatic Z - problems? or bullet proof?

Could have been a one off. I almost bought the AT but decided I wanted the inconvenience of having to use my left foot and pull my hand from the steering wheel to shift so that I could avoid the evil glares from all the burly old school sports car curmudgeons. I resemble that remark, as did my Jag XK150 driving dad and all his Austin Healy (3000), Jag (early E type) driving friends, and my brother in his 944 and ... oh my god, I have gone on too long haven’t I?

The second link has some interesting posts regarding how to solve what issues there may be, with great success I might add. The MT was a choice. I like it. But the AT would have been just as much fun I think.

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction

Last edited by jpkirk; 06-27-2014 at 03:11 PM.
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote