View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #566 (permalink)
6MT-Z34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PW Z
6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT-Z34 View Post
1st Ever Bear Mountain Z Cruise June 28, 2014!!

As some of us have brought up during the ZQ and this thread to have a Bear Mountain Z cruise...Well here it is!!

Start Location: Edgewater Multiplex Cinemas parking lot between the main entrance and City Place
End Location: Bear Mountain, NY 10911

Date: 6/28/14
Meet-Up Time: 07:30AM*
Depart Time: 8:00AM SHARP*

Information:
Parking Fee: $8 per car
Hours of Operation: 08:00AM-Sunset

Other Fees:
Bear Mountain State Park Fees & Rates - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

2 meet up points from NY. Thanks to d0ubts

BOTH SPOTS ARE leaving there by 6:30am sharp

BROOKLYN: will be at Floyd Bennett Field
50 Aviation Road
Brooklyn, NY 11234

QUEENS: We will meet right off Exit 21 off the LIE Westbound
The BP Gas Station/7-Eleven
9949 Horace Harding Expy
Flushing, NY 11368

I'm deciding a smoothest road is to take West Side highway out to Lincoln Tunnel. We can meet and merge the 2 groups before heading to Jersey by 7:15am by the MANHATTAN MEETUP:

Hudson River Park Trust
353 West St #201
New York, NY 10014

We can just park right off WestSide Highway and hop on the Lincoln Tunnel from there.

About the Z Cruise:
Its about a 50 minute drive from the Edgewater Multiplex Cinema to the Mountain. The plan is to go straight from the Theater or we can grab some coffee first at Starbuck nearby (less than 1 minute drive). I am not 100% sure if they sell food there but we can organize something between us or individually. Let me know what works for you.

From personal experience, I have been to Bear Mountain once with a few friends and we grilled there but my friend had to take a small grill and cooler in his altima since neither fit in my Z . I know this will be problem for us since we all drive the same car If you guys have any suggestions, ideas or past experience please feel free to post them

Thanks and see you all there!!

Updated 6/27/14

Last edited by 6MT-Z34; 06-27-2014 at 10:23 AM.
6MT-Z34 is offline   Reply With Quote