View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 03:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3_FaM0uS View Post
god I really wonder what all these would produce for gains on my built motor syno? im especially curious in 2 things 1. how well specifically the new throttle bodies would perform and 2 would I lose integrity of a plastic manifold in which im already concerned about running 22-26lbs of boost through.
if these mods could actually be "SAFELY" beneficial to me it might not be too bad of an idea really.
on a built motor i dont know. on a subi, a ported TB was good for some HP (5-10?). Grimmspeed does all the porting for them but they dont do a new butterfly plate and such. so id guess the bigger you go for a built motor or turbo setup the higher the results.

1. it can only help!!!! trying to push boost through a 2.35" hole is going to be restrictive since you know its difficult to make power pushing pushing boost through the OEM since MAF tube. at least on a subi if you converted to blow through setup the 2.5" pipe was to small and you needed to go to 3". so porting to 2.48" again can only help in my eyes.

2. i wouldnt worry about the mani. subi again on the wrx is composite also and we ran 20+ and tested to 40+. SH*T does happen though so you never know. nothing on the car was designed for boost so its a gamble and you gotta pay to play.