View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike444 View Post
So, not trying to turn this into a synth vs. conventional here..theres plenty of that already.

Let me start off by giving facts about my car and where I live and my driving style:

- I live in south fl, so its hot/humid virtually year round
- Manual 09 Z
- Drive like a granny(not an understatement lol)
- No tracking or racing(if you do thats cool)
-Sport pkg

So, from what I read, looks like I might experience some leaks but only for the first change because its "cleaning" the gunk out.. w.e that means. I just don't want the car to take a step backwards by switching I understand it better for the car but the whole point of the thread was to see if you guys have any input on if its a step forward by changing now at 66k. Anyone dare to give a straight answer?

Also as for the tranny fluid, I have also read and been told "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" I have never changed the tranny oil as mentioned above, I find the shifting normal but maybe I'm just a dummy lol what are some symptoms of our Z's screaming "I need a tranny oil change please!"? Same question refers to the VLSD.

As for brake pads I ordered: "Wearever Platinum Premium Ceramic Pads", if theres any reason I should return it and get something else by all means let me know.
The way you drive and assuming you change on normal internals (3750 for engine oil) recommended by Nissan, I don't see any reason to change to synthetic. I run synthetic in every car after the first engine break-in oil change. It should be noted that I drive my cars hard. Maintain them well, but definitely drive them as intended. After all they are sports cars.

I highly recommend changing all drivetrain fluids as per manufacturer recommendations at a minimum, whether that's the oil or car manufacturer recommendation. I change my tranny oil every 30k, well I'm going to 15k now but only because changing the fluid requires me dropping the turbo. After I dropped the rear diff the first time and saw how filthy it gets I made the decision to change it every 15k too.

All in all the way you drive, I would just use Nissan OEM replacement fluids/parts.