View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
totopo
Base Member

Drives: '14 370z 6mt
totopo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffo View Post
Sorry for the "search skill" xD but I lost myself in the forum (very "big", full of infos).. so many 3D, so many shortform, etc.. I read a lot, and for a lot of questions I found the answers, but not always I'm sure of that ;(

-On my miata I done a lot on suspensions with aftermarket parts.. It's is "perfect" for me.. but anyway, with OEM parts is possibile to adjust toe/camber/caster front/rear.. I don't understand why Nissan don't want a adjust of camber on front wheels, is so important.. but no problems, I start with suspension tuning and it' s okay

-Is a far interest in FI, but I only want to know if AT is a real limit or not.. I read and the high cost is the same problem that stop me to do it with miata (a 300hp miata is very nice, but I ve to double the value of the car...!).. however I go to dedicate topic and read more

-Ok

-I read of oil cooler (If i see high temp I buy and aftermarket one) and the steering wheel lock (I found there is mod to a brown cable that is better that pull out the fuse, no check lights).. but "and for everyone the CSC".. I don't understand what is "CSC" (and no result if a use the search box..)

Thanks
Wow, the stock miata has adjustable front camber? I wouldn't expect it, that's pretty awesome. The z and most cars with double a suspensions don't have adjustable camber because it requires a special top arm with adjustable joint at the top, which is a possible failure point in a production car. Most cars these days have macphearson struts for front suspension, which are easy to camber adjust. So I think the z has adjustable front toe, and the rear has adjustable toe and camber stock, and that's it. I really doubt the miata has adjustable caster stock... it would have to have a really sophisticated front double a with a lot of shims or something. Doesn't it have double a arm front? Caster is also easy to adjust for a macphearson strut.
totopo is offline   Reply With Quote