View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc1884 View Post
Wow thanks for the great feedback thus far!!

I will never track the car so I don't have to worry about the tranny warming up too hot. I only typically drive spirited when i'm alone on some long back road or some punk in a Honda civic or equivalent starts revving their engine at me.
Mostly I use the Z as my second DD and really like just leaning back, pressing the throttle and cruising around.
Shifting gets me out of my "relaxing zone" while driving.
There's always going to be mixed feedback here on this topic. I test drove four different Zs that were all MT. The day I drove the AT I signed. I don't regret it. Sometimes I miss the shifting but then I get caught up in traffic again and just cruise along happy as ****. It's purely personal preference. If you are really gunnin' for it, I think you'll be fine.

Oh, and by the way, I haven't put mine on the market yet due to house shopping but will be looking to sell this summer. '12 gunmetal touring. Shoot me a pm if it interests you.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote