View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
jamesj1996
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370z cp sport
jamesj1996 is on a distinguished road
Default Going for Inspections soon BERK HFC

ok guys so im going for my inspection in a couple days here in nj. i know there has been alot of threads about this but i still havent quite gotten my answer. so in nj do they only do the OBD port test or do they look under and do a sniffler...? my buddy when today with his cadillac cts and they looked under and plugged the OBD port in nd thats it but his car isnt loud or a "sporty" car like the 370z . a loud z could raise suspicion...again berk is 49 state compliant but ive heard people still fail in nj due to the visual test. my buddy over at the nissan dealership yesterday did a full check on my car and everything is good. just have to get the steering lock recall done but all codes are clear...and he said a cat is a cat...they wont be able to tell if its stock or high flow...but then again forum member posted a photo and they look different..ill post pics below. all in all i just wanna know the whole process nd my chances of passing or if i should jus go to private inspections at a as station.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2014-06-24 at 9.16.14 AM.jpg (24.7 KB, 14 views)
jamesj1996 is offline   Reply With Quote