View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #86 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by future370zzz View Post
What AFR were you tuned for? I'm assuming pretty aggressive and close to 12.0. What was the temp at the track during the run? What octane gas used?

When the temps heat up or heatsoak, detonation plus the location of the MAF sensors = no good.

Either run higher octane than when you dyno'd to prevent detonation or keep it out of WOT during hot conditions.
There were probably a few factors involved causing my motor to grenade.

AFR target was tuned for 14.7 as per Vortech specs ... AFR guage showed more towards 14.4 at idle ...
Track temp was 55 degrees ... car was tuned on and for 93 octane.
MAF sensors were upgraded but still in the same location as the initial Stillen install.
Wasn't able to get a clear answer as to the MAF sensor tube size (uh-oh) ... was experiencing some cold start hiccups and some throttle hunting attributed to the 1000 lph injectors, but was assured the car was good to go and these were only 'minor' glitches and would be tweaked out.

Too late now ... not happy, but planned to do the internals next year when the wallet recovered.

The motor is now at Import Parts Pro (Kyle Puckett)
Kyle is extremely pleasant, super helpful, and a 1/4 mile racer himself.

Planning on taking advantage of the premature re-build to eek out some more performance.

Hopefully will get to get'r back to the track this fall ...

Last edited by Z&I; 06-22-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote