View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #883 (permalink)
COSMO
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Touring GTM TT
COSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys lets stay on topic here so we don't get shut down..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
you gave your opinion and i gave mine. there really is no place for stereotyping or taking shots. yours is definitely still your opinion even though you stated it like fact. adding spacers adds an additional slip plan to the fasteners and additional moment arm to the assembly. that equates to more stress. stress outside what Nissan calculated for is taking a risk regardless of how much risk it actually is. I'm not comfortable with the risk considering what could happen if you have a failure but each his own. if you have a spacer caused failure on the freeway God hope you don't hurt anyone else. I never said trust me I'm an engineer and I never would.