View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #125 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Hey Mod, I just received this email from an Infiniti dealer. ya, it's not an official announcement, but it might help us verify what's in that engine from the factory...........

Oil

Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:04 PM

This sender is DomainKeys verified"brianaghajani11@beshoffinfiniti.dealer.com" <brianaghajani11@beshoffinfiniti.dealer.com>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
<deleted>

The G37 comes factory filled with Nissan Ester. This information was obtained from Infiniti Regional technical dept.

Regards,
Brian Aghajani
Well that clarifies things...(sarcasm)

I mean, if Nissan markets the oil as synthetic, and it comes loaded with it from the factory then what's the harm...unless it's dino oil with additives (as spec'd here, and what I also believe to be true) - then that puts a twist on the logic of running dino-oil. I mean, dino oil with lots of additives are OK, but somehow synthetic isn't? The additives generally are what make one oil "better' than another, even to where something like a Group-III oil would perform better (ie, lubricate better, resist shearing, etc) than a Group-IV or Group-V oil...which brings me back to the original point...if Nissan Oil is being marketed as synthetic and/or having superior qualities than other oils out there (including high-dollar synthetics) and lets say maybe it does...then how can it be that running a true synthetic will harm break-in...it can't be both ways.

Last edited by kannibul; 11-19-2009 at 07:56 AM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote