View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
andbui05
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z
andbui05 is on a distinguished road

Pint,

I've been having the same issue over the last 2 months. The problem is very random like you said, but lately I've been trying to zero down on the culprit. Here's the info I've gathered so far and I hope it helps people here.

2011 Base Z - Auto - 50k miles
K&N Typhoon, BERK HFC, BERK CBE

- K&N Filters cleaned
- MAF haven't touched
- Spark plugs haven't touched
- Oil Change Full Synthetic Mobil 1 @ 49k miles
- New Battery
- Fuel pump and TB cleaned

The car ran smooth for about a week after getting the fuel pump and TB cleaned at Baker Nissan in Houston. After that the starting issue happened again. Took 4 tries before it would start. Just yesterday I was traveling across town at 5pm rush hour in 97 degrees weather. A lot of stop and go with my AC on. After about an hour I noticed that my RPM was dropping very low when braking in traffic. I turned off the AC to see if that was the issue. My RPM stopped dropping low after that but this needs more feedback and testing if anyone can help. I guess this also confirms that heat plays a role.

Also on Tuesday 6/17 I got off work and my car wouldn't start. I just replaced the battery 2 weeks before. Coworker gave me a jump and since then the car has been fine. I don't know what drained a new battery once and then work fine afterwards. Could this be connected to the RPM start issue?

UPDATE 6/20 11:50pm : Just was about to get a midnight snack but car battery is dead. I think its my factory car alarm that's draining the battery since this was the only time I didn't lock it since the first time my battery died.

Last edited by andbui05; 06-20-2014 at 11:49 PM.
andbui05 is offline   Reply With Quote