Thread: The E85 Mystery
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Ill admit that the more power your making, in every revolution, the motor weakens. Rods, pistons, rings, everything.

However, you can make that power with less chance of it letting go due to predet. Also you can stretch out the lifetime of that motor if you are running less boost by using more timing, which is safer to do with E.
If quenching hotspots are the only issue, then, yes, that follows.

Also, if E85 has a lower stoichiometric ratio than regular petrol I believe that translates into more potential energy (i.e., combustion pressure) to get out of it, so that could be contributing too.

I have no idea what the actual mechanical tolerances are on a stock VQ37HR longblock, tho...

Are there any confirmed breaks from overpower as opposed to detonation?