View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesj1996 View Post
09 370z sport. Hey guys I have a buddy who works at a nissan dealership and has worked on many z and gtr nissans he told me today when he was fixing a part of my z that my stillen gen 3 long tube intakes arent safe being that water can get in from big puddles and get into the filter....a guy there had a 11 z nd had to get his motor replaced bc water got into it from the intake! Im scared now he said I dont have to get rid of the whole intake but take the clamp out of the middle and attach the cone filter to both sides will this be safe and will I lose performance. ..im afraid water is going to get into it. Btw he isnt charging me to do this so its. Not like hes saying it to make me spend cash...let me know guys
I had my Gen3 intakes on my G for almost four years with no issues what so ever. The G has an open grill and the filters are exposed except for a little slash shield that only covers ~25% of the filters.

The engine your guy is referring to either had a major leak where water leaked in around a silicone couple or he literally submerged the filters.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote