View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

ok, so the brake switch theory might hold some merit. Not sure if it's the brake light switch or the one which kills the cruise - more experimentation to follow.

Basically what i did was at various speeds and gradients i pressed the brake pedal enough to switch the brake lights on, then floored the gas pedal. The result is the throttle remains as it was just before the brake pedal was pressed. So acceleration is still available but at a much lower rate. It still didnt feel the same as the last few times i experienced the issue. Acceleration was still reasonably strong
Another thing i observed was that once i released the brake pedal, within a second the throttle would behave as per my gas pedal input. So if my foot was to the floor, release brake and it roars to life.

Back to the issue, i still could not replicate the dangerous lack of throttle response. I am guessing this could be because i cannot press brake and take off from a standstill at the same time (dont have 3 feet to operate all pedals) so the best i could do was feather it into 1st and get the car rolling, then brake and gas.
Once i find a safe place to test, i will disconnect brake switch and test again.

If there is an issue with brake switches on my car, i'm betting it's the cruise control one because i dont see my brake lights staying on longer than they should or spontaneously blinking. No one following me seems pissed off either, so i doubt the brake lights are blinking.
Cruise still works ok too..........
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote