View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #57 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
I'm on my second 370, my 8th Z car over 44 years. My wife is on her 3rd Murano, my daughter has a Cube after driving an Altima for over 100,000 miles. I've never had a reason to dislike Nissan, although I admit I'm not crazy about the local dealer. Only problems we've had with all those vehicles has been a faulty TPMS on the last Murano and a problematic passenger air bag seat sensor on my 2011 Z that I never did bother to track down. I hear people bitch about the paint all the time. Not sure I completely understand what they're talking about, but I do have a clear bra on my 2014 Z and appreciate how the bugs just wipe off. Soft interior plastic? What? Oil cooler, I've not seen a need. It is noisy (road noise) but I find that to be a minor annoyance. No rattles or squeaks in my Z, or any of the other Nissan's we've had. My CSC's have been holding up fine. Gas mileage...I average 20mpg. Who buys a performance sports car and bitches about gas mileage? Talk about unrealistic expectations....

The Z is a blast to drive. I have no desire to take it to the track, no desire to mod it (I'm not a "tuner"). The Z is fast, quick, and reliable. I can afford a more expensive car, really don't have a great reason to get one, although I do contemplate that my next summer car might be a Corvette. I did test drive a 911 and a Cayman, was kind of underwhelmed and left the Porsche dealer unimpressed.

Before taking opinions expressed here on this forum too seriously (mine included), spend some time cruising this forum and get a general sense. Lots of "modderz" here (tuners) as you can maybe tell from the extraordinary number advertisers and aftermarket companies hawking body parts and "performance" doodads. Might tell you something about general mind set and expectations. Lots of complaints about being beat at stoplights by Mustangs and performance shortcoming tend to be measured by the cars that can beat the Z in a street race. In large part, this is the crowd that the Fast and Furious movie franchise was aimed at.