View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tazicon
Track Member

Drives: German/British cars
Tazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really nice

Since I have moved on I will give you my honest opinions on the Z.

I will start off by telling you I loved the car over-all but it did have short comings. Would I buy another one? That answer would still be yes, although I am currently not in the market.

1) The sport package was a good set up, except for the breaks. You are better off buying an after market brake package than going with the sport package brakes.

2) The rear spoiler on the sport package is a must. The 370z doesn't look right with out it at a minimum.

3) First thing I did was get an aftermarket exhaust. The tin can sound of the Z is terrible. My G had a much better exhaust note.

4) The base stereo was crap and I replaced with in the frist 2 weeks of owning the Z. I had the Bose with NAV in my G, I would not pay for it in the Z as after market systems work far better and are more user friendly.

5) The car was fast enough for me on the street. No it wasn't as fast as other cars but I knew that going into my purchase. They are plenty fast enough to get you into trouble or kill yourself. Before you think you need to make a jump into more power make sure you have learned how to drive your car to the limit on the track and take DE classes. I have seen non-FI cars tear up FI cars due to drivers knowing how to handle their vehicles and having them properly set up. Z's handle very well.

6) I had heard about fuel starvation, the steering lock etc although I personally never had an issue with those items. These you should definately research. I did however get an oil cooler with in the frist few months of ownership. The oil temps are definately a problem but taken care of on newer units? 2013+ maybe? I have heard conflicting reports on that one.

I am being as honest as I can, not trying to bash as I said I would buy another one if I was in the market. The bang for your buck with a Z is very good. I was recently on a trip and every other car I saw seemed like it was a Mustang, Camero, Vette or Challenger. I like to have a good looking car, with a good sound that not everyone out there has. The Z was a very good fit. I had a 2011 370Z with the Sport Package. I few after market goodies. I also owned a 2011 G37 IPL which I loved everything about except for the Malbec Black color. It was impossible to keep nice looking and I would imagine the same for the Black Cherry Z's. Just know I change cars I drive A LOT. The only vehicles I seem to keep for any amount of time are my Jeeps.