View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad370 View Post
A somewhat silly use for this also occured to me since we can see the status of various buttons and switches in the car by monitoring the CAN bus. ...
Not silly at all.

The theft-deterrent idea should be pretty easy to implement with a relay in the push button or starter circuits.

You should be able to come up with a "valet mode", using some switch (or combination) to limit RPM. I'm not sure how one would limit RPM, but you seem to have enough access via CAN to do it, if it's possible.*

The possibilities are endless!

One thing that I've wanted on my 7AT is to have the current gear displayed on the dash in automatic mode, as it does when in manual mode. Not sure how the dash handles it, so it may not be possible.

*Edit: It sounds to me that what you are working on is basically a "dumb" tuner. If you know the right address to poke data into, you should be able to do everything the tuning software does, albeit without the benefit of the reverse-engineering done to identify all the "good" addresses.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 06-18-2014 at 10:28 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote