View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
the seals do worry me though. if they arent Vitron? then E85 will eat it. older cars get "the black sludge" where E eats everything!! i dont think you can tell this on a 370 though since we dont have a return fuel system. on older cars or return system cars its really easy to see as your sock will be solid black with tar, or it wont.

PS...how hard is it to pull the lower manifold? can i leave the fuel rails attached to the car or do i have to pull it out of the way and relieve the pressure in the lines?
I am not sure if the OEM orings are Viton or what. But I have not had any show any failure. The large fuel pump module oring in my car is original. The injector orings looks good, and the oring that came out of the fuel damper fitting looks fine as well. I havent seen any deterioration of anything in the fuel system.

The fuel rails have to be removed to gain access to the bolts for the lower manifold. Well, at least they do with my billet rails, I cannot remember now with the stock ones. But I am pretty sure even with the stock rails.

I reuse those gaskets generally unless they get in bad shape.