Thread: Need help.
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
InnerDragon10
Base Member

Drives: '14 Black 370Z Nismo
InnerDragon10 is on a distinguished road

As others have said, diet is a huge part of it. Here's my advice:

-To completely cut out everything you're 'eating wrong' probably isn't going to work; very few people succeed going cold turkey on hard-set eating habits. Every couple weeks, pick something that you will cut out of your diet, and replace it with something healthy. I would also recommend having a cheat day. Every Sunday, I eat WHATEVER I want for the whole day. And the other six days, I make sure to have food prepped (usually cooked over the weekend) and ready to eat throughout the week. Some common foods I eat:

Brown rice (lots of it)
Sweet potatoes (baked, nothing added)
Chicken (just not fried)
Fish and shrimp
Beef once or twice per week max
Steamed broccoli
Fruits
Greek Yogurt
Raw nuts

As for exercise - lord there are so many options. Again, don't go into it expecting to turn into a beast in a month; it will take time, and probably lots of it (no offense to you, it just does). When going to the gym shifts from a chore to part of your weekly grind, you'll see results fairly quickly. I like the advice to start off training every other day. First start doing cardio, stretching, and light strength training. Then after about a month of clean eating and consistent training, shift your routine to more moderate strength training. I really like Muscle & Fitness magazine; they have alot of routines and easy to read advice.
Finally, take a before picture of yourself, and take another each month (no more frequently than that). If you really want it, and you stick to it, you'll be shedding fat and buliding muscle in no time.

PS - One more thing. When you first start exercising you're going to feel HORRIBLE. Your body will hurt for DAYS after one workout. You CAN'T stop at that point. You have to keep going. The fatigue and soreness will pass after just two or three workouts, don't let it make you quit!

Good luck bud, let us know how it goes.
InnerDragon10 is offline   Reply With Quote