View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
FlyByGTI
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Sport
FlyByGTI is on a distinguished road
Default New Pittsburgh 370 Owner

Just made a thread in the Into section but figure I'll make one here too.

Hello 370 community. I have been meaning to start a thread for a few days now but I did not, oh well, better late than never. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. This site seems like a wealth of knowledge and fun and I'm hoping to be able to get a lot out of it.

Little background:
Prior to coming here I was and still am a member on the golfmk6 forum and owned a 2012 Carbon Steel Grey VW GTI with a K04 turbo upgrade and all supporting mods (IC, TBE, Intake, Clutch, etc). This sucker would move (easily a 12 second car and there are even accounts of it breaking into the 11's (not bad). Had the car brand new in Dec of 2011 but every now and then the itch to get into something new rears its head and the search began.

This bring us to Saturday. I was looking at a bunch of different things and after some talks and a lot of good fortune on wheeling and dealing, I walked out of a Nissan dealership with a Nissan 370z on Saturday as my daily driver (be gentle).

-Car is CPO and for good measure added the extended warranty to cover me to 100k
-Had 32,2xx on the clock when I signed the papers
-Black with the sport package and Nismo spoiler
-6 sp (manual is an absolute must for me regardless of the car)

Over the last couple days I've really been enjoying the car but it's still a little surreal that I actually have a different car. I love the fact that I only have 2 seats (was always saying that's what I wanted), and need to get used to driving a low car. I also need to get used to the feel of an NA engine since I'm used to getting myself thrown into the trunk when boost kicked in but I know the car is still quick and definitely a lot of fun around the back roads.

Sorry for the long winded intro. Here's a few pics from Saturday.

Out with the old
In with the New

FlyByGTI is offline   Reply With Quote