View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggins3377 View Post
I guess it was a combo of issues. The only way I could see the Mishimoto reservoir working is if you have some long tube intakes like the Stillen Gen 3s as this provides you with the most space in the OEM area. I was trying to make it work with the Top Secret intakes and there was just no way to do it with the filter covers (they are an awkward shape).

The Mishimoto tank is also a lot deeper than the OEM reservoir, so if you tried to mount it in the same location as OEM you would either hit your hood (causing it not to close) or would need to remove your fender liner. If I remember correctly their tank also causes issues because of the inlet locations. A couple people have made the 350z Weapon R tank work (talk to member Kukpet (his name is Petr)) and it looks pretty good, but I want to eventually shave that whole area to clean it up, so that's out for me.

All this said, im not a fabricator so maybe they could make it happen.
Excellent info sir

Yes, my R2C intakes are not going to be as intrusive as your TS intakes. However, I was primarily concerned that the shop did not take into account the orientation of the line connections when they told me it would be fine. I didn't even think about the height issue. I guess I'll just procrastinate for another year or two

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote