View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
vash_241987
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '99 corolla
vash_241987 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by avitech View Post
How well you are treated at the dealership has everything to do what what specific dealership you go to since they are all independently run and owned.

The best dealerships are the ones that treat their customers well always in both good times and bad times. When a new car like this shows up the courteous thing for the dealership to do is offer a car that is a "demonstration model". That way miles don't pile up on other Nissan Z's that someone else is gonna buy.

For them to say, "No test drive unless you fill out paperwork and we run your credit score" is like a slap in the face in my opinion. Dealerships should be "cultivating a clientele". Instead many of them love to penny pinch every which way and offer substandard service just to buy the car. Imagine how much worse it's going to be once you need them to do warrantee work.

Right now the best dealerships for best customer service are Lexus. The worst being Toyota and Chevrolet. According to consumer reports.

I say, before shopping for a car. Shop for the right dealership. Make sure they have a good reputation with the BBB, consumer affairs, and so on.

Worst case scenario for me was with Chrysler and their long awaited Dodge Challenger. They wouldn't even unlock the car to look inside unless you put down money on the car! Why should I ever buy anything from Chrysler if they treat customers like common criminals? No respect! None whatsoever. No wonder they went bankrupt. They are terrible.
Thanks, it is true. I seriously was going to walk out when he made me wait. I still will check out what they have on sat. I was laughing to myself, audi let me take a TT with my b-n-l for a test drive, gave me specific directions to open back roads, and was very courteous about me not buying one now. The TT wasn't cheap either, they were asking 38k for the base with s-line pkg. I did feel that they treated my lowly nice I did give them my whole situation. But yeah I will still go on sat., but prob sometime in dec. when my mom has time away from work I asked her if could check out the z I'm most intrested in San Antonio.
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote