View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
NOBLE|370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
NOBLE|370Z is on a distinguished road
Default Reflections on GTM over the years

My experience with GTM has been positive (for the most part). If I was one of the people affected by the MHI group buy then I would certainly be feeling pretty upset with them. I expect that Sam will honour the commitments he made with his clients who put down deposits. I will lose a lot of respect for his business if it turns out that isn't the case.

To be honest, as of late I have told people to stay away from GTM. Mostly due to the stories I read about here as well as my latest experience with them about 6 months ago when some crooked GTM downpipes arrived. That cost me about $2500 for just labor for my mechanic to straighten them out and make them fit. Perhaps my mechanic was in a straight jacket when he was doing the job. That turned into a finger pointing situation between Sam and my mechanic.

Anyways, I think we all have to at least acknowledge that GTM developed the 370Z FI application to a large degree. Sam, Mike, George and Pablo have contributed much to our Z community and on these forums. I know that I'm really happy with my GTM stg 2 kit and everyday it brings a smile to my face. Without GTM I probably never would have had a vendor that I trusted on my car. That said I would probably be bored of an NA Z by now and I would have sold it for some shitty BMW by now.

I hope Sam makes it right for everyone who are still left in a financially bad situation with His company. Until he makes it right I will not support anyone I know doing business with GTM.

NOBLE