View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 02:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm crank and cam angle sensors eh?

i've taken all 3 out and cleaned them before - but this was a while before i was having this 3500rpm ceiling issue. I took out the crank sensor as i was having issues with my syncrorev-match being a bit sloppy (felt like i could rev match better). At the time, I cleaned off some black particles on the sensor tip which i believe is clutch dust. SRM definitely became more accurate after that, but i have to emphasise that it wasn't a huge caked on amount of dust but more like a few splatters.

Both cam sensors appeared visually fine. Wiped down with a rag and refitted.

Wiring loom for crank sensor appeared fine without any excessive strain or tension on the cables. My only concern noted was proximity to the RHS cat and the heat affecting the wiring and sensor. At the time, i wrapped the wiring with exhaust wrap and a bit around the sensor also

Wiring going to both my cam angle sensors appears to be under quite a bit of stress. No idea why Nissan made the looms so short. A few other sensors' looms are stretched on my engine too (one MAF and the left side throttle body loom. Both of which i relieved by unclipping them from the nearby component).

elia_ebyss - get that joiner replaced ASAP. That's a lot of unfiltered air entering your engine. I bet you would have idling instability because of that leak. It would most definitely throw off your tune and afr. quick fix is a long suitable hose connecting the rocker cover to the intake pipe.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote