View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #435 (permalink)
Waiz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z33 & GE8
Waiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hummmm....i read the description and it states below:

"Boost Mode:

Throttle response time will become quicker and results in improved accelerator pedal feel. Returns to normal mode once pedal is pressed to fully open throttle."

why does it have to return to normal mode after wot? that i was the deal breaker for me...
primary purpose for me is to reduce throttle lag. i dont care about fuel economy on my Z.
It will increase the output all the way up to the point of WOT thus reducing throttle lag.

My Fit with my exhaust and intake sounds like a racecar with the Boost mode on

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Isn't that similar to the Sprint Booster? I know several are or were (for the fallen OG's) running that on their 370's here.

I would believe the Boost mode is just altering the tables so that you are getting to 100% throttle quicker to make it feel like there is no lag, but once you put it to the floor you are at 100% thus returning to "normal" mode i.e. 100% throttle.

It would be cool if they gave a break out of the changes.

Stock throttle table vs Apexi Boost mode.

Kenchan, if interested I would cross shop the Sprint Booster for features and price.
Yeah exactly David, but for me I really bought it more for the MPG increases. Just driving around town I am seeing a +4mpg and even higher on the highway. It makes you want to drive more effeciently.

I use the boost mode for when I get onto the freeway and then normally drive around in the Low Throttle mode.

Quote:
^ thanks speedfreak. i will check out the sprint booster. i just want to rid the lag. i dont care to make any dramatic map change.
Quote:
checked out the sprint booster... 289 dang... and can only use it on my Z.

wish they made the unit and harness separate so that i can use it on my Fit if i end up not really
liking it longer term (than 30 day money back) on my Z...
Apexi is $150 for the controller and $50 for the harness, pretty good deal considering it should pay for itself with the increases in MPG over time.
Waiz is offline   Reply With Quote