View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
SuperDave
Track Member

Drives: My Z Daily
SuperDave is a splendid one to beholdSuperDave is a splendid one to beholdSuperDave is a splendid one to beholdSuperDave is a splendid one to beholdSuperDave is a splendid one to beholdSuperDave is a splendid one to beholdSuperDave is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
I have the bose with nav. If I want to add a sub and keep the rest factory. Not replacing speakers and not clipping any lines to the bose amp. Will this work?

-Add amp with power, fuse and ground
-Tap white line before bose amp and connect to remote in on sub amp
-Tap (4) L/R line-in lines before bose amp
- Connect tapped lines to LOC
- Connect RCA lines from LOC to sub amp
- Connect sub amp to subwoofer

Can a simpler passive LOC like THIS be used?

Edit - Some more reading and I get the idea that I want to use a LC2i and connect it using the sky blue and violet lines (9&14) coming out of the bose amp instead of the lines going into the amp. Correct?

Confused - Now I'm reading that it is better to use the red and green lines (hi-level) from the bose sub amp to the bose sub, it will provide a better feed than the blue and violet lines (low level).
Your original idea should work. I would splice the signal lines into the amp, that way you are tapping the signal from the head unit before the bose components come into play with their weird ohmage.
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote