View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
wvredz
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z
wvredz is on a distinguished road
Default extremely tight steering after dealership service..

I have had my 09 370z for a year and a half (60K miles on the car) and I've always loved how it drives until yesterday..

My fiancé took it in for a complimentary oil and filter change + multi-point inspection. They informed him there was a leak in the steering rack so they topped off fluid and tightened the adjustment screw. When he left the dealership, the steering was so stiff, he immediately went back. They loosened it a half turn and he was pleased. I, however, am not pleased. He never drives the car and doesn't really know how it was before. It is so stiff now, the steering wheel doesn't return at all when making a turn. I am constantly fighting it.

FYI.. there are no alignment problems... My front tires need replaced but this was not a problem until the service was performed.
I work in a body shop and have NEVER driven a car with a steering wheel that does not return after a turn.

My question is... how tight is the steering on YOUR Z? Does your steering wheel return on its own or do you have to manually return it? I don't know anyone else with a 370z and the 350z I had previously was NOT like this!!
I feel like the ruined my baby!!
wvredz is offline   Reply With Quote