View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #1791 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossless1 View Post
Thanks for the input gentlemen! I called Tony yesterday afternoon - ordered a set of the resonated HFC's. Man...they are PROUD of their product! And it will take 5 weeks to get them! But I know they are worth it.

So now my questions now are...

1) do I tune NOW - or wait until the Ark goes on? (which will be within a month (ish) after the hfc's go on). This is my 2nd breathing mod - gen 3 cai was 1st

wait, you don't need a tune at this point. The car actually learns pretty well and can adapt to the mods, you don't have to worry about knock or anything like that. You only need a tune to get all the power you can out of your mods.

2) I'm not on the track - this is my dd... and assuming "UpRev" is the ONLY way to go, what is my best buy package?
- not going tt
- maybe a 100 shot or some mild nos add later, but that's probably all
- so that should do it for performance mods - unless I get some cool epiphany later :-)

Uprev is the way to go, there's ECUtek but it's expensive and is kinda geared towards people who want to customize every aspect of their ECU.

Also, please don't do nitrous. It's too easy to melt your motor lol

3) Headers (I feel) are a waste of money with these excellent exhausts - Yes?

Depends. I personally wanted to get more power and a better sound, and if I'd gotten the test pipes every time I saw someone with headers I'd have been jealous lol. They're expensive, and the install is a pain, but you get good gains and as I said before, the sound is sex to your ears. Headers net you (by themselves) about 20hp, while TP's get you more like 10hp. Midrange tq is also improved. Otherwise you can just get the lesser version of them and go with HFC/TP's and save some money.

My basic warranty just expired not too long ago - so I am playing catch up with mods now! Whatever experienced advice I can get will be great! Thanks again guys!

This is why you should get FI headers and exhaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1knBzcX4DE
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote