View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
Does a return system do anything to help the fuel starve issue? Just wondering if the fuel in the return line acts as an additional buffer.
Return systems wont help at all.

A larger fuel pump than the engine needs might aid to some *slightly* measurable amount. This is because a greater return volume and higher bypass fuel pressure can boost the venturi's vacuum a little and speed up the fuel recovery time. This would not do anything to prevent the sloshing away. But it could increase the volume of fuel around the pump before it sloshes and help it collect some more fuel before the next turn. I wouldn't do a pump upgrade looking for any results, but I would try and see if I notice a difference after making a change for other reasons.

My S2E fuel system which optionally has the installer physically remove the factory filter from inside the fuel pump module may help a little by increasing usable displacement inside the open lid surge canister that is integrated into the pump module. Not sure if its measurable either.