Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #929 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I missed Ollie's karma call-back until I saw it on Imgur. I was too into the moment anyway enjoying what is probably my favorite episode thus far. And even knowing mostly what was to happen, I was pretty affected by it when it did happen. To be honest, the opening battle was far more logical and tidy than the book, and it gave certain characters a moment or two that should have happened in the book. One of the places where I feel the show's writing was actually better. Alliser's character in the show is also far better than the book (just like Oberyn this season as well).

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some Greyjoy action next season. Also, Coldhands hasn't been shown, but he's been implied with the masses of crows at Craster's. However, his involvement there was definitely changed from the book. (Heck, Bran wasn't even supposed to be near there, but he wasn't doing anything otherwise anyway...)

I think with the Greyjoys, it's just something they have to accommodate with how they can cast actors for seasons of a show. It's costly to keep unused characters on retainer for future use (so they don't go and get another gig and leave you hanging), and also lame to only have a recurring character for half a season on either end. So casting all the Greyjoy stuff may have needed to wait a bit for a proper season-long gig.
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote