View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #437 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

So we're 6 months in and I've seen only minor issues with the supercharger:

-Had to ugprade my tires and diff. Stomping on the gas in 1st prior to the upgrade resulted in hilarious "1 wheel peels" that would end up sending the car sideways on occasion.

-Car would break loose accelerating through turns. I love ~doriftu~ as much as the next guy but I'd rather not do it unintentionally.

-Small oil leak near the SC oil cooler found and corrected. Had a hell of a time finding it (Frank at Hill's found it eventually). The leak was very small and would only appear when the engine was hot (hot-hot) which made it difficult to track down...and the last thing you want to do when you find a puddle of oil under your FI converted car is to push it hard again to figure out where it's coming from.

-The clutch is beginning to go. It simply can't hold on under WOT in 2nd and 3rd and will slip. I've only had it come completely loose on me once but that was in 3rd at ~6000RPM. Not getting that burning clutch smell but it just can't grip hard enough when the car really wants to go.