View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #843 (permalink)
mikey1600
Track Member

Drives: MY11 370z Black
mikey1600 is on a distinguished road

so people are expected to wait over 1 year after the expected delivery date? lol what a joke, I've got my refund coming, I paid 1 year ago in full yesterday, I've got PM's/emails from Mike and Sam saying the kit will be ready to go by June/July 2013.

can you really blame people for getting a refund? If they would have kept updates flowing I'm sure majority of people would still be in the group buy, I know I would, but when there's no communication and when you ring and they promise things then don't hold up the deal, that's when it gets scary.

for almost a year now we've been waiting on "cast parts" EVEN IF a manifold is made and there is something wrong with it for testing purposes and things need to be revised, the updates need to come to tell us why it's not good or what they are improving, it doesn't take 1 year to develop some manifolds.

even if they came in and showed us some photos of the parts, and said look guys this is really not up to our standard, we need to change something or make something easier/better to use, majority of people would still be in here waiting for the kit, it's all about the communication, when there is no communication that's when things become a problem. If I ran my business the way they do, I'd be out on the street probably sleeping in the gutter, different industries but communication is still key.

the last chance for me to stay in was getting the existing items in stock which was apparently everything except for 2x manifolds/some sensor item shipped and I'd even pay extra shipping which Sam agree'd to over the phone then couldn't deliver after me giving him 3 days to get the "picking list" sorted then not delivering, also people saying they are waiting weeks/months to get a refund, moneys getting slim.

If I was local to the shop and I could swing by and check it out in person, I may still even be in it, but there's just too many negatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
what profit?

Lets remember here that very few people every paid and probably all but a few refunded, and im positive that this kit is in the 6 digit area for development costs.

A more likely scenario goes gtm wanted to make a new, kit, they gambeled on starting a group buy to mass up the r&d funds, so many people signed up that they put a really low price on it, cost escalated on the kit, this lead to the slow down, everyone started refunding pulling money that was already spent on the r&d out of the company, and now they have to cover it all out of pocket slowly as it comes in from other business to complete the kits.

They probably have to come up with as much new stuff as they can to drum up the business to cover the defunded groupbuy.