View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #52 (permalink)
Rid3_FaM0uS
Track Member

Drives: 2011 BS Nismo 370z
Rid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MidnightBlueZ;2850245]You know I'm not sure, I know the line that's on there now is suppose to restrict flow more than the one that was on there before but I guess the seal could be compromised. Bobby seems pretty certain it's coming from the turbo. The drain line doesn't look like it would restrict the flow out, no weird bends. Yeah I'll have to bring that up to him too, didn't think about that.

Interesting, yeah I gotta look into this.

I can't speak on behalf of other turbo manufacturers as I only have Garrett turbos in my car but I do know that as per recommendation from Honeywell they advise you o run a (and don't quote me on this ill probably have to find the information again) 1/4"-1/8" restrictor at the center casing. I'm not so sure that your seal has actually been wiped out just yet. Anything possible sure but I do know that just as Cosmo stated there are some design flaws in turbo kits on the market for our cars. No I'm not doubting S&R's ability to design a kit by any means but it is easy to overlook tiny little details that can cause persistent nuisances.
Do you have a catch can on your car midnight?