View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
FaustoP
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z Nismo
FaustoP is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Touchless Car Washes/ High Pressure water and air

Since this happened to me I just want to point this out. Months ago I moved to Florida and wein from washing my car at my house to renting and having to pay car wash Places. I decided to go to a Touchless car wash at an Exxon station, bad choice for me that day.

I pulled up to the car wash and could not insert the credit card without opening the door, I opened the door, payed and forgot to lock the car. This car wash of course uses high pressure water and air, as the car was getting washed the pressured opened and ripped off the plastic Fuel door and sent it flying, thank got nothing else got damaged.

This is just an FYI, these car washes are wash at your own risk and if anything like this happens you are on your own, the car wash won't cover you. Thank got I replaced my tires and had points enough for my dealer in NJ to ship me the fuel door which came painted with matching magnetic black color right from the dealer. I glued the door which is working for now and will replace the door after I do some touch ups to my car. I will post some pictures later on. Hope this avoids anyone with 370Z from damaging their car by entering this high pressure places and forgetting to lock the door to secure that fuel door from getting pressure enough to open and run the risk of getting ripped right off.
FaustoP is offline   Reply With Quote