View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #64 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

i've never tracked my car but my car is my daily and it's been thru 2 blazing Aussie summers already. Oil temps i've seen go up to 110*c/230*F with the factory oil to water cooler.

From my experience with it, for most people it will keep them out of trouble but if you do track the car or drive with a heavy right foot then an oil to air cooler is a worthy investment.

But for me and my quest for moar cool, i will be ditching the factory cooler for a 25 row oil to air cooler. I have the core, just need to fab the brackets and get the hoses made up.

Oil choice does play a big role in how much pleasure you'll get before things get flaccid though. Some oils take longer to heat up whether it be just characteristic or a sign of a better oil being that less engine heat must be due to less friction. I wasn't happy with the Nissan 5w30 we get here so now i'm using one of the local brands and it's the best i've used so far!
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote