View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Read T
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z BC 6M
Read T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond repute
Default First Day Tracking the Z

*Edit - better videos from Sunday in post 17*

Yesterday was my first day with the Z on any track or autocross. Also my first HPDE at Carolina Motorsports Park (I have previously only driven at VIR).

It was lots of fun, and this course is pretty hard on brakes. I put myself into novice class, but have had a few HPDEs in the past. In class there's an M3 and RX8 that i'm mostly on pace with, and some slow guys that keep not giving a pass The car is mostly stock with an OEM Nismo exhaust and OEM nismo suspension. Very impressed with PFC 08 pads and PFC 665 brake fluid, Z1 motorsports cheap slotted rotors I was skeptical of but are holding up great *knocks on wood*.

Yesterday the first 30 min run was in a thunderstorm, which was a bit intense. I did keep VDC on yesterday and as you can tell by the video, coming out of most sweepers or even tight turns the VDC is KILLING my throttle on the straights. (you can watch that little light blinking nonstop coming out of carousel). Any thoughts of VDC - I think off is the way to go

Today will be a VDC off day, although we are supposed to get thunderstorms again this evening.

Video (complete with RX8 popping a few flames out the back):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHHcCRb2Z0

Gopro Hero3, framerate and resolution turned down for battery life and because my laptop can't handle it. Mounted on the rear glass.

Last edited by Read T; 06-10-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Read T is offline   Reply With Quote