View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #48 (permalink)
MidnightBlueZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z Turbo
MidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3_FaM0uS View Post
Does your turbo have a feed restrictor? A lot of turbos will get flooded per say with too much oil and it will leak out past the seal causing it to burn oil also if you have bad crank case ventilation the pressure will force oil from the turbo out the seal and cause it to burn oil that way as well
You know I'm not sure, I know the line that's on there now is suppose to restrict flow more than the one that was on there before but I guess the seal could be compromised. Bobby seems pretty certain it's coming from the turbo. The drain line doesn't look like it would restrict the flow out, no weird bends. Yeah I'll have to bring that up to him too, didn't think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO View Post
I've noticed some of the turbo kit for our cars just have crank case vents instead of rerouting them through the intake.
Interesting, yeah I gotta look into this.

In other news the guys at UpRev and Bobby got me running again last night! I was pretty down earlier in the day but they pulled through and got my maps patched for the new license since Nissan wiped mine clean with an update. Wasted $200+ for a update and tow for no reason. Made my problem worse instead of fixing it. I just wanted the VVELs checked and fixed oh well. She lives again to boost another day. I was worried my car would be down until next week but the guys stepped up and got me what was needed right up until closing.

Last edited by MidnightBlueZ; 06-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.
MidnightBlueZ is offline   Reply With Quote